The calorie requirement of every person is different and some people prefer vegetarian food and some prefer non-vegetarian food. Whatever be the type of food you are having, there should be some deficit of calories in your body so that the body starts using the stored fat. However, the minimum energy requirement of an adult human being is 1200-1800 calories. Hence, your Indian diet to lose weight should be restricted within 1800 calories. You can create best vegetarian diet for weight loss which will restrict to 1800 calories using the various vegetarian weight loss ingredients. Make sure that you divide the 1800 calories into 3 meals per day and healthy snacks twice daily to achieve the best possible result within a short period. Here is a guideline for creating the best vegetarian diet for weight loss. Based on this, you can create your own diet plan as the food choices of each person may vary and the items available to you may be different from what mentioned here.
You can have any of the following items to start your day.
- 1 glass of lukewarm water with lemon juice added to it. This drink will have zero calories in it.
- You can add one teaspoon of honey to the above mix and have it in the morning. This combination is believed to burn the fat inside the body.
- 1 cup of green tea or black tea or black coffee without added sugar
You can choose any of these for your diet plan or change the items daily to avoid monotony.
You can have a breakfast which contains less than 350 calories. Here are some options
- Two rotis along with half a cup lentil gravy or tofu gravy
- 1 quarter plate brown bread or broken wheat upma and a cup of low fat milk
- 2 Idlis and half a cup of sambar and ½ cup of low fat milk
Mid Morning Snack
You can use boiled pulses, green salads, low- calorie fruits or nuts as a snack
- Take ½ cup melon/cucumber and carrot salad or 20 grapes or a fistful of peanuts/ almonds/ melon seeds.
- Make sure that the calorie consumption is between 50-70 calories.
There are multiple options for vegetarian lunch. You can eat rotis with vegetables or go for brown rice and vegetable gravies or have some roti and rice, according to your preference. Make sure that the calories do not exceed 350 calories. Here are some suggestions for your best vegan diet for weight loss.
- 1 cup brown rice (not to exceed 200 grams cooked rice) and ½ cup mixed vegetable gravy along with one bowl mixed vegetable salad and 1 small bowl raitha or low fat curd. Ensure that the vegetables are cooked using low fat oil and without adding coconut.
- 2 rotis with ½ cup vegetable gravy of your choice and one small cup raitha or green salad.
- You can change the above menu to ½ cup rice, and one roti with vegetable gravy, if you prefer to eat both rice and roti for lunch.
If you feel that your stomach is not full, try having some clear soup before having your lunch.
In the evening you can opt for any of these
- Green tea
- Salted lime juice
- Half cup oats cooked in low fat milk or water
If you prefer to eat some snacks, you can select any of the mid morning snack or can opt for a half cup of cooked pulses or beans.
Start your dinner with any thin soup. You can eat 2 rotis or one quarter plate upma or 3 slices of brown bread or one bowl of oats at night along with ½ cup vegetable and 1 bowl of salad.